So how much does SEO cost? Well it depends…
Factors affecting SEO pricing are:
- Size of website – 4 pages or 4 million?
- Age of website – brand spanking new or older than the ark?
- Website competitors – a few friendly locals or an army of cut-throat assassins?
- Marketing goals – a bit of extra traffic would be nice or double my revenue in days
- Available budget – Affordable SEO or venture capital investment?
If you're a small business looking to gain rankings from your local area then a typical budget is from £200 to £500 per month. If you’re an ambitious SME looking for customers across the UK then a budget from £500 - £1000 per month will enable you to grow over the next year.
When you’re a larger business, you tend to be in a more competitive sector with either e-commerce and/or international requirements. Your website will already be established and sending you leads or sales and you’re now looking to increase results significantly. The investment in SEO is likely to be from £1000 - £3000 per month.